The mission of the Osage Nation Congress is to:
- Adopt a system of laws that promote the health, education and well-being of Osage citizens;
- Preserve the checks and balances of the government by the independent exercise of legislative powers;
- Carry out oversight responsibilities to enhance government accountability;
- Encourage and support the raising of tribal revenues and to appropriate monies that support necessary government services; and
- Preserve and protect the Nation's environment.