Osage Nation’s Butcher House Meats is a 19,000-square foot, state-of-the-art facility designed to address food insecurity for the Osage people. The meat processing facility is located in Hominy, Oklahoma and was built to address the food system breakdown that occurred during the COVID-19 pandemic. Butcher House Meats opened in 2021 and is a state- and federally-inspected facility. The facility is designed and approved for cattle, bison, hogs, and seasonal deer.
In addition to meat processing, the facility provides a retail counter for customers to purchase meat products. The retail counter offers beef, pork, and bison as available. Butcher House Meats proudly coordinates with the Osage Nation Ranch to create an avenue for Osage beef and bison to be available through the retail counter.
BUTCHER HOUSE MEATS STAFF
- Plant Manager: Joe Thompson
- Business Development Specialist: Jason George
- Food Sovereignty Coordinator: Harleigh Moore
- Processing/Fabrication Coordinator: Ross Cline
- Retail Coordinator: Jill Hough
- Cleaning Crew Coordinator: Jeffery Willcox
- Meat Technician: Ryan Bradsher
- Meat Technician: Ronnie Gilley
- Meat Technician: Matthew Gray
- Meat Technician: Terri Merrell
- Cleaning Crew: Elijah Martinez
- Cleaning Crew: Zackery Martinez
IN THE NEWS
- Construction continues on Nation’s first-ever meat processing facility
- Osage Nation meat processing facility dedicated in Hominy
- Osage Nation works to improve food security with new meat market
- Osage Nation Celebrates Opening Of Hominy Meat Processing Plant
Current hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
For more information or to schedule a tour, please contact (918) 287-0079. Also, make sure to visit the facility to purchase Butcher House Meats shirts and caps!