The Osage Nation Public Health Nursing/Health Education (PHN/HE) Program is housed within the Wah-Zha-Zhi Health Center under the guidance of the licensed medical providers. The PHN/HE Program is a self-governance program. The PHN/HE program has one full time registered nurse and one full time licensed practical nurse. The Osage PHN/HE Program provides a multi-dimensional approach to advance the health and wellness of our Osage People and other Native populations who reside in Osage County.
To establish and improve collaborations and partnerships with other Osage Nation departments as well as outside entities and governments to promote healthy lifestyles to communities, through education, advocacy, and health assessments. PHN/HE Program will partner with other health-related programs to provide health promotion/disease prevention education, informational services on primary and secondary prevention for Osage residents as well as other tribal members living in Osage Nation.
- Chair Exercise Class- Pawhuska Senior Center – Every Thursday 10:00 am Starts September 7th – December 14th
- Drive Thru Flu Vaccine – County Wide – Pawhuska – October 4th – 7:00am-1:00pm Osage County Fairgrounds
- Drive Thru Flu Vaccine – Skiatook – October 20th – 7:00am – 1:00pm – Skiatook Fairgrounds Barn
- Breast Cancer Fun Walk – Museum Grounds – October 27th
- 5K Race – Osage Hills State Park – October 28th 8:00 start time
- Commodity Kitchen Table Cooking Class – November 16th, 30th, Dec 7th, and 14th – WahZhaZhi Civic Center
- Oklahoma Blood Institute Osage Nation Blood Drive – January 9th, 2018 – Law Building 9:30-3:30