5th Osage Nation Congress
2016 Tzi Zho Session
September 22, 2016
Day 15 Agenda
- Roll Call
- Approval of Journal
- Audit Report from BKD, CPAs & Advisors
- Reports of Select Committees
- Reports of Standing Committees
- Introduction of Bills and Resolutions
- Bills and Resolutions on First Reading
- ONCA 16-121, An Act to authorize and appropriate one hundred thousand dollars ($100,000) to the Osage Nation Foundation to be administered and distributed as donations; and to establish an alternate effective date. (Buffalohead)
b. ONCA 16-122, An Act to authorize and appropriate a twenty thousand dollar ($20,000) donation to the Court Appointed Special Advocates of the Osage and Pawnee Counties out of fiscal year 2017; and to establish an alternate effective date. (Walker)
c. ONCA 16-123, An Act to establish a mechanism for Tribal Members and non-Tribal members to obtain licenses to hunt and fish on Osage owned real property; to prohibit hunting and fishing on Osage Nation lands until an inventory of such lands is completed and published, a land use law is in effect, and there are rules and regulations governing licensure and penalties for illegal hunting and fishing; and to establish an alternate effective date. (Edwards)
e. ONCR 16-42, A Resolution to state the intended purpose of Bluestem Ranch LLC; to support the Bluestem Ranch, LLC Board’s management of the entire Bluestem Ranch, as initially supported and championed to the Osage Nation Congress by Principal Chief Standing Bear. (Tillman)
f. ONCR 16-43, A Resolution to support the establishment and use of a sweat lodge for the benefit of the patients at the Primary Residential Treatment Center. (Pratt)
8. General Order Day 2 – Amendments Proposed
- ONCA 16-99, An Act to authorize and appropriate five million dollars ($5,000,000) to the Health Benefit Plan Fund from fiscal year 2017 revenue; and to establish an alternate effective date. (Edwards)
- ONCA 16-103, An Act to authorize and appropriate one million two hundred fifty thousand dollars ($1,250,000) to the Treasury for debt service payment on the Campus Master Plan Loan; and to establish an alternate effective date. (Maker)
- ONCA16-110, An Act to amend ONCA 15-82 to provide a supplemental appropriation of grant funds to the Division of Land, Commerce and Public Safety for fiscal year 2016 in the amount of one hundred thousand dollars ($100,000); and to establish an alternate effective date. (Shaw)
- ONCR 16-37, A Resolution Declaring Congressional consent and approval of the Osage Nation Gaming Enterprise Board’s Annual Plan of Operation for fiscal year 2017. (Supernaw)
- ONCR 16-39, A Resolution Declaring Congressional consent and approval of the Bluestem Ranch, LLC Board’s Annual Plan of Operation for fiscal year 2017. (Supernaw)
9. Third Reading
b. ONCA 16-98, An Act to authorize and appropriate eight million dollars ($8,000,000) is authorized to be appropriated to the Osage Nation Education Scholarship Fund out of the general fund in the Treasury to carry out the purposes of the Osage Nation Higher Education Scholarship Fund Act. (Edwards)
10. Motions and Notices
Education Committee Meeting – 1:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Appropriation Committee meeting – 2:45 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Cultural Committee Meeting – 4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Governmental Operations Committee Meeting – 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Congressional Affairs Committee Meeting – 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.