Delbert Parker Donation to the Osage Nation

No Comments

Delbert “Corky” Parker made a donation of three town lots to the Osage Nation.  Mr. Parker’s family owned the lots since the early 1900’s; his grandparents lived on the property and ran a local grocery store.  The home was self-sufficient, like a mini farm within the city limits and even had a barn and a chicken house.   The store traded with many Osage families who  resided in the Pawhuska Village and surrounding area.   Sadly, the store went out of business in the 1930’s, the structures are gone and lots are vacant.  
Chief signing Delbert Parker signing  

Category: 
Public News