The Osage Nation Public Health Nursing/Health Education (PHN/HE) Program is housed within the Wah-Zha-Zhi Health Center under the guidance of the licensed medical providers. The PHN/HE Program is a self-governance program. The PHN/HE program has one full time registered nurse and one full time licensed practical nurse. The Osage PHN/HE Program provides a multi-dimensional approach to advance the health and wellness of our Osage People and other Native populations who reside in Osage County.
To establish and improve collaborations and partnerships with other Osage Nation departments as well as outside entities and governments to promote healthy lifestyles to communities, through education, advocacy, and health assessments. PHN/HE Program will partner with other health-related programs to provide health promotion/disease prevention education, informational services on primary and secondary prevention for Osage residents as well as other tribal members living in Osage Nation.
- Tobacco Cessation Classes - 9 AM to 10 AM on January 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th, Feb. 2nd, 9th and 16th - WahZhaZhi Civic Center
- Tobacco Cessation Classes - 5:30 PM to 6:30 PM on January 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th, Feb. 5th, and 13th - WahZhaZhi Civic Center
- Oklahoma Blood Institute Osage Nation Blood Drive – January 16th, 2018 – Law Building 9:30-3:30
- Winter Chair Exercise classes - 10 AM on January 11th, 18th, 25th, Feb. 1st, 8th, 15th, and 22nd - Osage Nation Senior Center, 350 Senior Dr. Pawhuska
- Weight Loss Support Group - 5 PM to 6 PM, January 8th, 15th, 22nd, 29th, Feb. 5th, 12th, 19th, and 26th - WahZhaZhi Civic Center Training Room
- Prenatal Classes - January 11th, 5:30 PM, WahZhaZhi Civic Center Training room